Traditional DAS: Consider the true cost of complexity
As your customers demand more and more Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) capacity from your network, you find yourself turning to a distributed antenna system (DAS) to deliver that capacity to a given area of high demand.
Office buildings, sports arenas, college campuses or industrial parks call for the specialized capacity boost that DAS can provide—which is why the demand for DAS deployments is currently skyrocketing, with no clear end in sight.
This incredible growth is no surprise, since DAS provides an efficient means of offloading a great deal of traffic from the macro network.
While other technologies have grown progressively more plug- and-play with broader adoption, DAS has remained a challenging, expensive and time-consuming solution—one requiring long times to market, prohibitively expensive engineering expertise, and notoriously difficult optimization, testing and maintenance.
Common DAS deployment challenges:
There are many circumstances that can further complicate an already-complex process:
· Limited rack space for headend
· Low availability of skilled personnel
· Tightened budgets
· Condensed time-to-market expectations
· Scaling, expanding or reconfiguring after installation
Any of these circumstances can further complicate an already-complex—and expensive—process.
CSI knows how to navigate this difficult terrain. Working with its DAS design partners, we specialize in designing custom-built signal booster and Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) for use in industrial, commercial, and residential buildings. Our designs can cover up to 1,000,000+ square feet then can be rapidly deployed. Our DAS Installation Roadmap guarantees a successful implementation.
DAS Installation Roadmap
- Identify Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) – Determine AHJ requirements and standards
- Develop a Statement of Work –Project requirements are clearly defined. Our customer support team listens to the details of the project, receives floor plans, gives a very rough quote with no obligations, and schedules a detailed site survey.
- Conduct Site Survey & CW Test – Initial survey of floor plans, verify equipment locations, impairments. A member of our accredited installation team will visit your site and perform a site walk. This is to provide our system designers with accurate information with regards to: Signal Spectrum, Cable Paths, Material Types and Building Layout. We use this information to provide an accurate quote, bill of materials and appropriate expectations of final deployment performance.
- Develop a Preliminary Design & Budget – RF link budgets, initial antenna and cable layouts, BOMs, CAD Drawings, Engineered Drawings if required. Our system designers and customer service representatives will analyze the data from the site survey and develop a comprehensive solution to meet your precise needs. We’ll develop a proposal for implementation. If approved we’ll proceed with obtaining the necessary permits..
- Obtain Permitting- Review and Correct as required by AHJ and Building Dept
- Revise Design – Revise preliminary design & BOM based on results
- Conduct Pre-Construction Survey – Installer walk-thru to validate cable routes & equipment locations
- Develop Final Design – Revise based on changes to installation design if necessary
- Order Equipment – We schedule dates and times for our installers to come to your site, and allow for the necessary equipment to arrive in time for installation.
- Complete Installation – Install cables, antennas and active equipment. Our installers will provide a turn-key installation to provide you the boosted signal throughout the site, as agreed upon during our consultation and proposal.
- Test System – Our installer will run checks all across the site, verifying the boosted signal strengths and functions correctly and ensuring implementation to code.
- System Acceptance – Post-install walkthrough with AHJ Fire Marshall to demonstrate compliance. The customer obtains a Certificate of Occupancy from AHJ. We provide a 1-year warranty on all workmanship, 3-year warranty on equipment, and comprehensive lifetime technical support for our installations